Thin Pancake or on other words Crêpe is a very thin pancake usually made from wheat flour, eggs and milk. Crêpe is a traditional French pancake. It is easy to make and pancakes taste delicious. You can eat them anytime as a dessert or as a breakfast or dinner.
Thin pancakes are a great idea if a lot of friends or family members are going to visit you. You can stick the crepes on a plate in a barely warm (200°F) oven, where they’ll stay warm until you are ready to assemble them.
The easiest way to mix the ingredients- is to do it in a blender. Add the ingredients in order and blend for about 30 seconds. After this your batter will be smooth. If the batter is still lumpy, strain it through a sieve. You can refrigerate the batter for up to 1 day. Bring the batter to room temperature before continuing the cooking.
Thin Pancake Recipe:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make Thin Pancakes:
- First, take a large bowl and combine together flour and eggs. Later, gradually add milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add salt, butter and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan aver medium high heat. Use approximately ¼ cup of the batter and pour it on the pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the whole surface.
- Cook pancake for about two minutes on one side or until you notice that the bottom of the crepe if light brown. Then, loosen with spatula, turn on the other side and again cook for about two minutes.
- Serve hot and with desired filling or topping.
Some batters must sit for an hour before baking. It’s worth the wait.
You can store your thin pancakes. They can be kept tightly wrapped for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen. Stack the pancakes, each with two layers of waxed paper. Place the whole stack in a good freezer bag. They can be kept in the freezer for up to 4 months.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
More information about delicious pancake recipes can be found in the comprehensive guide to homemade pancakes.
©2021 – Simon Andas and Luka Malgaj