A hill station closest to Mumbai as well as Pune, Lonavala, has historically proved itself to be THE holiday place for folks of all budget. Having earned it’s reputation as a tourist place, Lonavala has quite a few places for the nubie as well as the well seasoned traveller to visit. Read on to check out some of the most famous places in and around Lonavala that have made Lonavala to be the attraction that it is today.
Lonavala is considered one of the beautiful retreats away from the chaos of the metropolitan city. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Maharashtra. Often called the ‘City of caves’, this hill station is known for its spectacular views, stunning waterfalls, serene lakes, and remarkable caves. The myriad places to visit at Lonavala include natural wonders, historical sites, and religious attractions. These serene atmospheres never fail to impress the tourists who visit Lonavala for a weekend getaway. Take a look at some of the most visited Lonavala tourist points that ought to be in your itinerary to make the best of memories of your vacation in this hill station.
- Tiger’s Leap, Lonavala: This is one of the most beautiful places to visit at Lonavala. It is a prime tourist attraction for adventure seekers who love to indulge in hiking and trekking. The stream of water flowing nearby offers a stunning view of the valley. You can always pack your picnic lunch and head here to spend some quality time with your close ones.
- Imagicaa: If you are looking for an entertainment park near Lonavala, then Imagicaa is the best option for you! There’s a magic treat snuggled in the lush green hills of this hill station, a perfect weekend retreat away from the hustle-bustle of city life. This entertainment park is for thrill-seekers and families alike. An all-day amusement park featuring theme park rides like Nitro, Dare2Drop, Scream Machine, etc. You can also enjoy the AC indoor rides like I for India, Rajasaurus river adventure, Salimgarh and experience a world full of next-gen attractions. Kids ride like Wagon-O-O-wheel, and Happy Wheelss make their little guests super happy and super excited. If you are at Imagicaa, you should not miss the water park rides like Loopy Woopy, Zip Zap Zoom, and Swirl Whirl to splash some happy memories. When you want to explore the Snow world go for Toboggan rides and Snow Hiking, making your visit worth memorable. With all this and so much more, Imagicaa is one of the most adventurous places to visit in Lonavala.
- Bhaja Cave: This is one of the most spectacular rock-cut caves and a national monument too. It is one of the finest Buddhist excavations that date back to the Hinayana phase of Buddhism. Along with exploring these caves, you can also visit Viharas and Chaityas. You can also take a dip in the nearby waterfall and take a tour of the lush surroundings. So, plan a visit to this iconic Lonavala tourist point with your friends and family and explore its historical architecture of this place.
- Bhushi Dam: If you are looking for an ideal spot to spend some quality time with your friends and family, then Bhushi Dam should be on your wishlist. There are steps to access this masonry dam on the Indrayani river, where you can just sit and relax in the chilling water. Also, the stunning views of the surroundings tend to steal the limelight. Hence, this is one of the serene places to visit at Lonavala.
- Tikona Fort: This is one of the most-popular historical sites of the Maratha empire. Located at a height of 1066 meters above sea level the views here are breathtaking. This place is good for trekking and decorated with lush greenery everywhere. If you plan a visit to Lonavala, you should come here once.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am a travel blogger and love to explore new places. I love to share my travel journeys, plans, guides and experiences to encourage and help tourists to explore and take the best of the places into their memories.
©2021 – Simon Andas and Ananya S