Days out in England offer a wide range of activities to fit all budgets. Some of the best attractions are even free. So if you’re looking for great things to do that will please all the family look no further.
Whether you’re looking to have a great time with your family, an action-packed adventure or just a relaxing day out, England has plenty to offer. Here are the top 10 things to do in England for great days out:
1. For thrill seekers, Alton Towers is the ultimate place to go. The best adult rides include Nemesis and Rita, which accelerates from 0-100 kmh in a jaw-dropping 2.5 seconds. It’s great for kids too – there are lots of gentle attractions plus rides you can all enjoy together.
2. Drayton Manor in Staffordshire is another great day out if you want thrills, spills and lots of family fun. It’s home to the world’s first stand-up tower drop, Apocalypse, as well as kids’ rides galore. It’s even got its own zoo!
3. If animals are your thing, Chester Zoo is great for families. From elephants and apes to crocodiles and turtles, the marvellous animals are fascinating – whatever age you are. During school holidays, there’s even a shuttle bus to take you straight from Chester train station to the zoo.
4. England has so much heritage to explore, and one of the best historical highlights has got to be Stonehenge in Salisbury. The world-famous pre-historic monument is an icon – you’ve seen it in pictures and on TV, now see it for yourself!
5. Bath’s Roman baths are also great for a historical visit. Discover what everyday life was like in a Roman spa and see ancient treasures that were recovered from the city’s sacred spring.
6. Nature lovers will adore a day out at Cornwall’s Eden Project. Kids will be entertained for hours by the workshops, trails and sandpits, while adults can explore the global garden which has been deemed ‘out of this world’.
7. Rother Valley Country Park in Sheffield is a great all-rounder for the sports enthusiast. Try your hand at sailing, windsurfing, rowing, canoeing, cycling and more! Wetsuits and equipment are stocked for all ages and sizes, so everyone can have a go.
8. The Lake District is one of the most beautiful places in England, and a day out in Windermere will not disappoint. Take a steamer cruise across the lake, travel on the steam railway, visit the Beatrix Potter attraction or simply sit back and enjoy the view!
9. If you’re looking for an action-packed day out at the seaside, then Blackpool is the place to be. The lively coastal town has something for all ages and tastes – from Blackpool Tower to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, which is home to the 235ft Pepsi Max Big One! The Pleasure Beach is great for kids too, with 27 special family rides that everyone can enjoy.
10. Last but definitely not least is a day out in England’s capital city. The London Eye – the world’s largest observation wheel – is probably the easiest and most spectacular way to see London’s landmarks. You can also mingle with celebrities at Madame Tussaud’s waxwork museum, re-live gory history in the London Dungeons, or sample royal life at Buckingham Palace.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Experienced traveller and have lived in multiple countries. Notably UK and USA for extended periods of time.
©2021 – Simon Andas and Matt Green